Chacma Bush Camp
Located in the lesser-known Maseke Game Reserve Chacma Bush Camp offers the perfect big five safari experience in 8000 hectares of undulating landscapes dotted with rocky outcrops. The camp sleeps a maximum of 10 people, in just 3 stone thatched chalets, ensuring a personalised safari experience. Right in front of the raised patio and pool area, is a waterhole favoured by the local elephant herds. Guests often sit on the pool loungers just watching the elephants frolicking.
Each of the 3 chalets are constructed from a mix of stone and natural boulders, which add a much-needed natural cooling effect to the rooms during summer. Klipspringer sleeps a family of 6 and has an outdoor shower, Steenberg chalet sleeps 3 people and has a direct view of the waterhole (ideal for honeymooners), and Grysbok chalet has two separate rooms sleeping 2 adults and 2 children. Expect a maximum level of comfort while being surrounded by wild, rugged surrounds.
The main area comprises an outdoor boma area next to the swimming pool, and a quintessential dining area with a view of the waterhole. Meals are always a highlight at camp, and the menu includes a range of traditional food combined with a flair for the modern. A swimming pool with stone decking overlooks the waterhole. Guests can relax on the sun lounger or under the lapa and watch plains game filter down to drink.
During game drives guests will stop for coffee and snacks in the morning, and evening game drives will involve a sundowner stop with sweeping views. During the downtime, guests spend most of their time on the patio, observing different come game coming down to the waterhole.
There are 3 chalets at Chacma Bush Camp, constructed from a mix of stone and natural boulders. Each of the rooms is similar in its decor, amenities and finishings but differs slightly in its layout and views. All rooms have air-con, plenty of cupboard space and en-suite bathroom with shower.
In total, the camp can sleep a maximum of 10 people. Klipspringer sleeps a family of 6 people and has an outdoor shower, Steenberg chalet sleeps 3 people and is next to the main area with a direct view of the waterhole, and the Grysbok chalet has two separate rooms sleeping 2 adults and 2 children.
High-thread count linen and the highest quality mattresses are kitted throughout. Expect a maximum level of comfort while being surrounded by wild, rugged surrounds.
– Steenbok Chalet sleeps 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children
– Grysbok Chalet sleeps 2 adults and 2 children
– Klipspringer Chalet sleeps 4 adults or 2 adults and 4 children
• Each room has their own patio with a view of the surrounds
• Bathrooms are en-suite, and there is an outdoor shower
adjoining the Klipspringer Chalet.
• Mosquito nets on each of the beds.
• Tea and Coffee making facilities in each room.
• Air con in rooms.
Swimming Pool overlooking the waterhole.
• Deck chairs around pool area.
• Daily game drives in the reserve with rocky outcrops and the
• Extra activities include a traditional braai, sundowners
experience and/or bush breakfast.
• There is a quaint dining area under the lapa and an outdoor
boma area for evening campfires.
• 3G cell reception & Wifi available.
• There is an inobtrusive elephant fence on the perimeter of
camp that keeps elephants at bay.
• Family-friendly (over 5 years of age):
Morning and evening game drives
• Sundowners in the bush
• Bird watching
• Boma dinners around the fire
• Walks to the “koppie” behind the camp for
• Bush breakfasts (upon request)
• Traditional South African braaivleis (barbecue)
cooked over the open fire