Walkers River Camp
Walkers River Camp is a perfect venue for family and friends from all over the world to get together, relax and experience the real Africa bush. The exclusive-use venue allows guests to make this intimate self-catering camp their own during their stay in the Timbavati. When hiring the River Camp, it is like hiring a holiday house – the whole camp is for your exclusive use.
We are situated just 10 minutes from Eastgate Airport (Hoedspruit Airport) and 25 minutes from the town of Hoedspruit, in the famous Timbavati Private Nature Reserve on the banks of the Klaserie River.
Here you have the possibility of seeing the renowned and very rare white lions of the Timbavati. Fee (for the entire camp) on request.
Your stay will include:
Accommodation for 8 guests (minimum stay 3 nights)
A game viewing vehicle and a qualified game ranger at your disposal
Conservation Levy for the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
Walkers River Camp is a self-catering camp – when you book, the whole camp is yours. Although we do have 5 rooms, we are allowed a maximum of 8 people (Timbavati Rule). All guest rooms have air-conditioning and beds are covered by nets, with most having fans mounted within them, which is a wonderful feature for keeping cool & mosquito free. Guests also love the heated under-blankets in winter. Guest amenities, such as hand & body wash, lotion & insect repellant soaps, are provided. WIFI is provided free of charge to guests and available in the main lounge area.
– 3 rooms with King Size beds, bath and a double outside shower
– 1 Room with 2 Single beds, bath and a double outside shower
– 1 Family rondawel with 1 Kingsize bed, 2 Single beds and a shower
King Sized bed/ Single Bed(s) – dependent on room configuration (see above)
All linen & towels (including swimming towels) are provided
Amenities – soaps, lotions, toilet paper etc are provided
What to bring with you:
– All consumables
– Ice (We do not have an Ice-Machine)
– Hat and Sunblock
– Mosquito repellent
– Swimming costume
Two game drives are offered per day, with a qualified Guide & tracker. However, should you feel like lounging by the pool with a drink in hand, or popping into Hoedspruit for some retail therapy – your guide will adjust the schedule to suit your group. Guided bush walks can be arranged.
– You can also opt for a museum visit at the Timbavati Headquarters. This world-class museum displays nearly all the species found on our reserve, as well as in other parts of Africa. Well worth the visit with your Safari Guide.
– A selection of books & board games are available in the main area, as well as WIFI (free of charge)